- Created by: Esther 789
- Created on: 28-02-22 19:42
1. who is philosophical determinism associated with?
- john locke
- william james
- joseph fletcher
1 of 10
Other questions in this quiz
2. what was Locke's analogy?
- he states that a man wakes up in a room that unknown to him is locked from the outside. his ignorance of the locked door lead him to illusion that he has free will.
- burning building. cause and effect
3. what did Locke come to?
- the past was unchangeable and fixed and therefore the future must also be unchangeable and fixed.
- the past is unchangeable and fixed but the future can be controlled
4. which external factors are humans limited by?
- religious obligation
- causation, genetics and conditioning
- morality, human law and the conscience
5. what did Locke say about the illusion of freewill.
- it is due to the ignorance and the lack of understanding of causation.
- being able to pause and reflect before making a choice.