1. What type of organisms are decomposers?
- Detritus Feeders
- Biomass Decay Proteins
- Helicobacter Pylori
1 of 10
Other questions in this quiz
2. "By moving, an animal does not loose any energy." True or False?
3. Which is an example of Detritus Feeders?
4. Why is biomass lost in faeces?
- Because the animal feels guilty of taking energy from the environment and not giving anything in return, therefore it looses some biomass as faeces.
- Because not all of the biomass an animal eats as energy can be used, therefore the remaining biomass that hasn't been digested is lost in faeces.
- Because the animal has an instinct to excrete, and therefore biomass is often lost in faeces.
- Because the biomass an animal eats is excessive to what the animal really needs, therefore the biomass that the animal doesn't need is excreted as faeces.
5. Sewage treatment plans are where...
- We use microorganisms to break down the bodily waste we produce.
- We use volunteers to help clean the sewage from the waste we produce.
- We use machines to inject waters with chemicals to process the water.