1. "By moving, an animal does not loose any energy." True or False?
1 of 10
Other questions in this quiz
2. What type of organisms are decomposers?
- Detritus Feeders
- Biomass Decay Proteins
- Helicobacter Pylori
3. What is this: fossil fuel or wood + oxygen ➡️ Carbon dioxide + water
4. Why is biomass lost in faeces?
- Because not all of the biomass an animal eats as energy can be used, therefore the remaining biomass that hasn't been digested is lost in faeces.
- Because the animal feels guilty of taking energy from the environment and not giving anything in return, therefore it looses some biomass as faeces.
- Because the biomass an animal eats is excessive to what the animal really needs, therefore the biomass that the animal doesn't need is excreted as faeces.
- Because the animal has an instinct to excrete, and therefore biomass is often lost in faeces.
5. Which is an example of Detritus Feeders?