1. What type of organisms are decomposers?
- Detritus Feeders
- Biomass Decay Proteins
- Helicobacter Pylori
1 of 10
Other questions in this quiz
2. What are decomposers useful for?
- Eating human and animal waste
- Recycling resources in the natural world
- Making food rot away
- Breaking down dead corpses
3. What is this: fossil fuel or wood + oxygen ➡️ Carbon dioxide + water
4. What is biomass?
- The mass of vegetation in an ecosystem.
- The body mass of an animal or plant.
- The dry mass of living material in an animal or plant.
- The mass amount of food eaten by an animal.
5. Why is biomass lost in faeces?
- Because not all of the biomass an animal eats as energy can be used, therefore the remaining biomass that hasn't been digested is lost in faeces.
- Because the animal feels guilty of taking energy from the environment and not giving anything in return, therefore it looses some biomass as faeces.
- Because the biomass an animal eats is excessive to what the animal really needs, therefore the biomass that the animal doesn't need is excreted as faeces.
- Because the animal has an instinct to excrete, and therefore biomass is often lost in faeces.