1. What is critical mass?
- The maximum mass of fissile material (uranium) that is able to sustain a chain reaction.
- The amount of KE energy produced in fission
- The minimum mass of fissile material (uranium) that is able to sustain a chain reaction.
- The TIR.
1 of 11
Other questions in this quiz
2. What will experience air resistance?
- All objects moving in the air experience air resistance
- Stationary objects
- All objects moving undergroud
3. How do coolants control chain reactions?
- By using kinetic energy
- Changing thermal energy into electrical energy to power turbines
- Removing the thermal energy produced in fission reactions so it can be used to heat water to produce steam to power turbines
- By slowing down fast moving electrons
4. What is exponential decay in half life?
- When a quarter of the nuclei will decay in an hour
- When a quarter of the nuclei will decay in half the time etc etc.
- When all the nuclei decays in 3 hours
- When the nuclei decays
5. What is cold fusion?
- A theory that nuclear fusion could be done at room temperature (however it was rejected as it couldn't be validated)
- Slow moving electrons
- Fusion that is cold
Similar Physics resources: