1. What is critical mass?
- The minimum mass of fissile material (uranium) that is able to sustain a chain reaction.
- The TIR.
- The maximum mass of fissile material (uranium) that is able to sustain a chain reaction.
- The amount of KE energy produced in fission
1 of 11
Other questions in this quiz
2. How do coolants control chain reactions?
- By using kinetic energy
- Changing thermal energy into electrical energy to power turbines
- Removing the thermal energy produced in fission reactions so it can be used to heat water to produce steam to power turbines
- By slowing down fast moving electrons
3. What will experience air resistance?
- All objects moving in the air experience air resistance
- Stationary objects
- All objects moving undergroud
4. What is cold fusion?
- Slow moving electrons
- A theory that nuclear fusion could be done at room temperature (however it was rejected as it couldn't be validated)
- Fusion that is cold
5. How does the KE produced from fission, in nuclear power stations, power turbines?
- When KE is turned into heat and used to boil water to make steam - the steam powers turbines
- When KE just powers turbines
- The KE is changed to electrical energy which powers the turbines
- The KE faces air resistance
Similar Physics resources: