1. How do coolants control chain reactions?
- Removing the thermal energy produced in fission reactions so it can be used to heat water to produce steam to power turbines
- Changing thermal energy into electrical energy to power turbines
- By slowing down fast moving electrons
- By using kinetic energy
1 of 11
Other questions in this quiz
2. How does the KE produced from fission, in nuclear power stations, power turbines?
- The KE is changed to electrical energy which powers the turbines
- When KE is turned into heat and used to boil water to make steam - the steam powers turbines
- When KE just powers turbines
- The KE faces air resistance
3. What is exponential decay in half life?
- When all the nuclei decays in 3 hours
- When a quarter of the nuclei will decay in an hour
- When a quarter of the nuclei will decay in half the time etc etc.
- When the nuclei decays
4. What will experience air resistance?
- All objects moving in the air experience air resistance
- Stationary objects
- All objects moving undergroud
5. What is terminal velocity?
- A constant velocity - when resultant force is 100
- A constant velocity - when air resistance is equal to the weight of the object and the resultant force is now 0
- A slow velocity
- An alternating velocity
Similar Physics resources: