1. What two rock series do Hutton's Unconformity separate?
- Metamorphic and Igneous
- Devonian Red Sandstone and Silurian Grey Wacke
- Millstone grit and Whinn Sill
1 of 12
Other questions in this quiz
2. What is the correct order of the geological time periods?
- Holocene, pleistocene, pleiocene, miocene, oligocene, eocene, cretaceous, jurassic, triassic, permian, carboniferous, devonian, silurian, ordovician, cambrian
- cambrian, ordivician, silurian, devonian, carboniferous, permian, triassic, jurassic, cretacrous, eocene, oligocene, miocene, pleiocene, pleistocene, holocene
- ordovician, holocene, cambrian, carboniferous, cretaceous, eocene, devonian, silurian, permian, jurassic, oligocene, triassic, pleiosene, miocene, pleistocene
3. What is the correct order of age (youngest to oldest) of these carboniferous rocks.
- Coal measures, millstone grit, limestone series
- Millstone grit, limestone series, coal measures
- coal measures, limestone series, millstone grit
4. which rock is a coarse textured, intrusive igneous rock dominated by quarts, K feldspar and mica?
5. Which of the following are all not basic igneous rocks
- grainte, andesite, gabbro, feliste
- granite, granodiorite, diorite, rhyolite, felsite
- basalt, andesite, dolerite, gabbro