1. which rock is a fine grained, extrusive igneous rock dominated by hornblende and augite?
1 of 12
Other questions in this quiz
2. What is the half life decay of carbon 14
- 1345 years
- 5730 years
- 3700 years
- 7530 years
3. Which of the following is the youngest Pre-Cambrian rock type?
- Moine Schist
- Lewisian Gneiss
- Torridchian Sandstone
4. What is the correct order of the geological time periods?
- cambrian, ordivician, silurian, devonian, carboniferous, permian, triassic, jurassic, cretacrous, eocene, oligocene, miocene, pleiocene, pleistocene, holocene
- ordovician, holocene, cambrian, carboniferous, cretaceous, eocene, devonian, silurian, permian, jurassic, oligocene, triassic, pleiosene, miocene, pleistocene
- Holocene, pleistocene, pleiocene, miocene, oligocene, eocene, cretaceous, jurassic, triassic, permian, carboniferous, devonian, silurian, ordovician, cambrian
5. which rock is a coarse textured, intrusive igneous rock dominated by quarts, K feldspar and mica?