1. which rock is a fine grained, extrusive igneous rock dominated by hornblende and augite?
1 of 12
Other questions in this quiz
2. What is the daughter isotope of 238U
3. What two rock series do Hutton's Unconformity separate?
- Metamorphic and Igneous
- Devonian Red Sandstone and Silurian Grey Wacke
- Millstone grit and Whinn Sill
4. Which of the following are all metamorphic rocks?
- basalt, slate, diorite, flint, marble, granite
- Marble, slate, phyllite, gneiss, schist, quartzite
- conglomerate, sandstone, shale, mudstone, basalt
5. Which of the following are all layer silicate minerals?
- quartz, feldspars, pryoxenes, amphiboles, olivine, garnet.
- hematite, quartz, silica, potassium feldspar, talc, chert
- Galena, quartz, gypsum, muscovite, halite, barytes, iron pyrites