1. What two rock series do Hutton's Unconformity separate?
- Metamorphic and Igneous
- Devonian Red Sandstone and Silurian Grey Wacke
- Millstone grit and Whinn Sill
1 of 12
Other questions in this quiz
2. Which of the following are all metamorphic rocks?
- Marble, slate, phyllite, gneiss, schist, quartzite
- conglomerate, sandstone, shale, mudstone, basalt
- basalt, slate, diorite, flint, marble, granite
3. What is the daughter isotope of 238U
4. which rock is a fine grained, extrusive igneous rock dominated by hornblende and augite?
5. What is the correct order of the geological time periods?
- Holocene, pleistocene, pleiocene, miocene, oligocene, eocene, cretaceous, jurassic, triassic, permian, carboniferous, devonian, silurian, ordovician, cambrian
- cambrian, ordivician, silurian, devonian, carboniferous, permian, triassic, jurassic, cretacrous, eocene, oligocene, miocene, pleiocene, pleistocene, holocene
- ordovician, holocene, cambrian, carboniferous, cretaceous, eocene, devonian, silurian, permian, jurassic, oligocene, triassic, pleiosene, miocene, pleistocene