1. What is the correct order of the geological time periods?
- cambrian, ordivician, silurian, devonian, carboniferous, permian, triassic, jurassic, cretacrous, eocene, oligocene, miocene, pleiocene, pleistocene, holocene
- ordovician, holocene, cambrian, carboniferous, cretaceous, eocene, devonian, silurian, permian, jurassic, oligocene, triassic, pleiosene, miocene, pleistocene
- Holocene, pleistocene, pleiocene, miocene, oligocene, eocene, cretaceous, jurassic, triassic, permian, carboniferous, devonian, silurian, ordovician, cambrian
1 of 12
Other questions in this quiz
2. What two rock series do Hutton's Unconformity separate?
- Metamorphic and Igneous
- Devonian Red Sandstone and Silurian Grey Wacke
- Millstone grit and Whinn Sill
3. which rock is a coarse textured, intrusive igneous rock dominated by quarts, K feldspar and mica?
4. Which of the following are all metamorphic rocks?
- Marble, slate, phyllite, gneiss, schist, quartzite
- conglomerate, sandstone, shale, mudstone, basalt
- basalt, slate, diorite, flint, marble, granite
5. Which of these are tertiary rocks?
- Metamorphic rocks such as marble
- Most sedimentary e.g. shales, clay
- Igneous rocks such as basalt