1. Which of these are tertiary rocks?
- Metamorphic rocks such as marble
- Most sedimentary e.g. shales, clay
- Igneous rocks such as basalt
1 of 12
Other questions in this quiz
2. which rock is a fine grained, extrusive igneous rock dominated by hornblende and augite?
3. What is the half life decay of carbon 14
- 5730 years
- 7530 years
- 3700 years
- 1345 years
4. Which of the following are all metamorphic rocks?
- basalt, slate, diorite, flint, marble, granite
- Marble, slate, phyllite, gneiss, schist, quartzite
- conglomerate, sandstone, shale, mudstone, basalt
5. Which of the following are all layer silicate minerals?
- Galena, quartz, gypsum, muscovite, halite, barytes, iron pyrites
- quartz, feldspars, pryoxenes, amphiboles, olivine, garnet.
- hematite, quartz, silica, potassium feldspar, talc, chert