1. Smoking's effect on the cilia?
- Causes cillia to become dry and irritates the throat
- Causes cillia to be damaged
- Causes cillia to be covered
- Prevents mucus build up
1 of 10
Other questions in this quiz
2. How may smoking lead to cancer?
- Tar buildup - leads to cancer
- Turns lungs black
- Tar buildup - contains carcinogens that can lead to mutations and tumors
- Tar buildup - cells producing mucus are over stimulated
3. What is the name of mucus producing cells?
- Seromucous glands
- Surface epithelium
- Goblet cells
- Mucosal epithelium
4. What might cause emphisema?
- Mattress construction
- Road building
5. What happens when a phagocyte engulfs a bacterium?
- It creates a vacuole and secretes digestive enzymes into it
- Antibodies are produced to neutralize antigens
- It creates a hole and secretes enzymes into it
- The pseudopodia grab it and tear it apart