1. Ingested food stimulates chemoreceptors and mechaneceptors in the mouth leading to
- Inhibition of salivation
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. Peptic and gastric ulcers can be caused by helicobater pyloria and some NSAIDs which are __________
- Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug
- Non-steroidal anti-ignomious drug
3. Th stomach epithelium secretes several substances, incuding alkaline mucus and intrinsic factor. What is the function of each of these two substances?
- Adsorption and chyme
- Alkaline mucus protects the stomach wall. Intrinsic factor is needed for intestinal absorption of vitamin B12.
4. Parasympathetic impulses ________ digestive activities
5. Masticated is __________