1. What is Privation?
- A child never having formed an attachment with their mother
- The process of keeping research data anonymous in a psychological study
- A child not knowing their father
- A child who keeps secrets from their Mother
1 of 12
Other questions in this quiz
2. Which country values dependence?
- The UK
3. What type of infant shows distress upon a mother leaving? (Strange situation)
- Disorganised (Type D)
- Secure (Type B)
- Insecure-Resistant (Type C)
- Insecure-Avoidant (Type A)
4. What external force has been suggested to have caused cross-cultural similarities (Van Ijzendoorn&Kroonenberg)
- The mass media
- The strange situation
- Childrearing handbooks
- Nothing- it just happens
5. What did Main&Weston find when evaluating the strange situation?
- Children behave differently depending on the caregiver they are with
- Disorganised children have a severe attachment disorder
- Japan has a lot of Insecure-Resistant children
- Nothing, this is not a real study