1. What did Carter choose to invest in, in 1978?
1 of 19
Other questions in this quiz
2. What was one of the actions of Carter in response to the Soviet Invasion of Afghanistan?
- Increased defence spending by 5%
- Public TV address condemning communism
- Hardened anti-communist rhetoric
3. How many basic principles did the Basic Principles Agreement set out?
4. What weakened America's negotiating position?
- The Jackson Scandal
- The Watergate Scandal
- Their nuclear inferiority
- The state of the economy
5. Why was G7 created?
- To pressure the USSR into making concessions
- To provide economic co-ordination
- To restore trust in the Middle Eastern oil market