1. What restricted US-Soviet trade that was passed by congress?
- The Jackson-Vanik Amendment
- The 28th Amendment
- The Brezhnev Amendment
1 of 19
Other questions in this quiz
2. What was one of the actions of Carter in response to the Soviet Invasion of Afghanistan?
- Hardened anti-communist rhetoric
- Increased defence spending by 5%
- Public TV address condemning communism
3. Who advanced the policy of Ostpolitik?
- Henry Kissinger
- Willy Brandt
- Willy Brandon
4. What was the name of the country the US considered to be firmly in its sphere of influence but became communist in 1979?
5. What was happening to the US economy?
- It's growth was unsustainable
- It was starting to stagnate
- It was expanding too quickly