1. What did basket 2 of the Helsinki Accords agree?
- The superiority of the West in the creation of high-tech consumer goods
- To respect human rights
- To expand trade and share technology
- The recognition of the Soviet bloc
1 of 19
Other questions in this quiz
2. What restricted US-Soviet trade that was passed by congress?
- The Jackson-Vanik Amendment
- The 28th Amendment
- The Brezhnev Amendment
3. What was US defence spending in 1970?
- $287 billion
- $406 billion
- $500 billion
4. What was the name of the country the US considered to be firmly in its sphere of influence but became communist in 1979?
5. What was the significance of the Moscow Summit,1972?
- Showed that neither superpower was fully committed to discussing arms reduction
- Showed that the superpowers were committed to working together
- Showed that agreements were difficult to make