1. What did basket 2 of the Helsinki Accords agree?
- The recognition of the Soviet bloc
- To expand trade and share technology
- To respect human rights
- The superiority of the West in the creation of high-tech consumer goods
1 of 19
Other questions in this quiz
2. Who advanced the policy of Ostpolitik?
- Henry Kissinger
- Willy Brandt
- Willy Brandon
3. When was SALT 2 signed?
- December 1978
- January 1976
- June 1979
- August 1979
4. What was one of the actions of Carter in response to the Soviet Invasion of Afghanistan?
- Hardened anti-communist rhetoric
- Increased defence spending by 5%
- Public TV address condemning communism
5. How did the state of the US economy contribute to the end of Detente?
- The US economy would benefit in increased defence spending
- The US economy was showing signs of revival by 1976
- The US economy was stagnating