1. What did Anti-Ballistic Missile Shields undermine?
- Mutually Assured Destruction
- Nuclear Parity
- Nuclear Monopoly
- The Balance of Terror
1 of 19
Other questions in this quiz
2. What was one of the actions of Carter in response to the Soviet Invasion of Afghanistan?
- Increased defence spending by 5%
- Public TV address condemning communism
- Hardened anti-communist rhetoric
3. What was the name of the country the US considered to be firmly in its sphere of influence but became communist in 1979?
4. What was the significance of the Moscow Summit,1972?
- Showed that the superpowers were committed to working together
- Showed that agreements were difficult to make
- Showed that neither superpower was fully committed to discussing arms reduction
5. What did basket 2 of the Helsinki Accords agree?
- The recognition of the Soviet bloc
- To expand trade and share technology
- To respect human rights
- The superiority of the West in the creation of high-tech consumer goods