1. Tombs and Whythe looked at 'safety crimes'
- where employers wouldn't give victim status as they were 'accident prone'
- where employers would give victim status as they were 'accident prone'
- where employers wouldn't give victim status as they wern'te 'accident prone'
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. Women are more likely to be victims of
- domestic violence
3. Tombs + Whythe note that the ideological function of this 'failure to label'
- conceals the true extent of crime
- lets everyone know teh true nature of the crime
4. the state's power to apply or deny a label to the victim
- pictures in frames
- 'victim' is a social construct by the state ie. when police don't press charghes against a man assulting his wife denying her as a victim
- patriarchy poverty powerless groups such as women victims
5. BCS ..... have not been victims of a crime but a mere 4% of the population are 44% victims of crime