1. Who argues that 'while the rich zip by on the escalator of growth, the poorest must try to clamber up the precarious rope 'ladder of opportunity''?
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. In what year were the Poor Laws reviewed?
3. Which of the following is not a theory proposed for how the welfare state developed?
- Legacy of WW2
- Suffrage of Working Class citizens
- Power resources model (Korpi - high historic power of the left causes WS to grow)
- Path Dependency
- Industrialisation (need for a healthy labour force - Valenski: no political activism in this theory)
4. In what year was the NHS founded?
5. In what year was a public spending White Paper published, declaring that excessive public expenditure and state ownership were the main reason for the UK's poor economic performance?