1. Who argues that 'while the rich zip by on the escalator of growth, the poorest must try to clamber up the precarious rope 'ladder of opportunity''?
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. What was the name given to signify post-war consensus between governments?
3. What percentage of the vote did Labour win in 1945 on their manifesto pledge to create a socialist society which would be 'free, democratic, efficient, progressive and public spirited'?
4. Who has illustrated the obsession that powerful elites have had with lone mothers over the past 15 years, viewing them as literally demoralised by the experience?
5. In what year was the Education Reform Act, which brought in a national curriculum and national testing at 7, 11 and 14?