1. In the 1980s, which organisation became the single largest employer in Western Europe
- Trade Unions
- UK Civil Service
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. Who said 'Such is the tyranny of stereotypes today that this idea of a welfare society... may paradoxically widen rather than narrow class relationships'?
- Reay and Lucey
- Gerth and Mills
3. In 2002 Inland revenue said which type of welfare system (Titmuss) is the 'carrot for a change in behaviour'?
4. Which of the following is not a way in which the state shapes poverty, according to Brady?
- marginalises the low paid
- manages risk
- institutionalises inequality
- organises the distribution of resources
5. Which of the following is not a theory proposed for how the welfare state developed?
- Power resources model (Korpi - high historic power of the left causes WS to grow)
- Legacy of WW2
- Path Dependency
- Industrialisation (need for a healthy labour force - Valenski: no political activism in this theory)
- Suffrage of Working Class citizens