1. In what year and in what report did researches assess Blair's welfare state as 'a nanny'state which overtaxed the middle classes and sustained an 'underclass''?
- 2007 Freud Report
- 2005 Friend Report
- 2005 Freud Report
- 2007 Friend Report
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. Which of the following is not a theory proposed for how the welfare state developed?
- Legacy of WW2
- Power resources model (Korpi - high historic power of the left causes WS to grow)
- Industrialisation (need for a healthy labour force - Valenski: no political activism in this theory)
- Path Dependency
- Suffrage of Working Class citizens
3. Which of the following is not a way in which the state shapes poverty, according to Brady?
- institutionalises inequality
- organises the distribution of resources
- marginalises the low paid
- manages risk
4. Who argues that the middle classes 'have often been more adept in accessing some public welfare services than the poorest'?
5. In what year was the NHS founded?