1. What is the cristae?
- Folds of the inner membrane of mitochondria
- Folds of the outer membrane of mitochondria
- Fluid-filled space between membranes of mitochondria
- A fold in the inner membrane of an organism
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. Which of the following glycolysis reactions involves adding a phosphate?
- Glyceraldehyde-3-phosphate to 1,3-Bisphosphoglycerate
- 2-phosphoglycerate to Phosphoenolpyruvate
- 1,3-Bisphosphoglycerate to 3-phosphoglycerate
- Dihydroxyacetone phosphate to Glyceraldehyde-3-phosphate
3. Which of the following statements about Ubiquinone is true?
- 2 electrons - Ubiquinol
- No electrons - Semi-ubiquinone
- No electrons - Ubiquinol
- 1 electron - Semi-ubiquinol
4. What is Tarui disease?
- Build up of glucose in muscle causing pain and weakness
- Defect in muscle phosphofructokinase
- Abnnormal lysing of erythrocytes
- Deficiency in pyruvate kinase
5. What is NOT true of mitochondrial DNA?
- Can be analysed to track movements of populations
- Rate of mutations is higher than in nuclear DNA
- Produce their own mitochondrial enzymes
- Inherited from the mother