1. Which of the following is NOT true of an uncoupling agent?
- Can be used as a slimming agent
- Acts as a weak alkali
- Disrupts proton gradient
- Can cause seizures
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. What is Tarui disease?
- Abnnormal lysing of erythrocytes
- Defect in muscle phosphofructokinase
- Deficiency in pyruvate kinase
- Build up of glucose in muscle causing pain and weakness
3. Which of the followin reactions in glycolysis is a rate limiting step?
- Dihydroxyacetone phosphate to Glyceraldehyde-3-phosphate
- Glucose-6-phosphate to Fructose-6-phosphate
- Fructose-6-phosphate to Fructose-1,6-bisphosphate
- Glucose to Glucose-6-phosphate
4. Which of the following is NOT present in the nucleoplasm?
- DNA and RNA
5. What is LHON?
- Inherited vision loss due to death of cells in optic nerve
- Weakness or paralysis of the eye muscles that impairs eye movement
- Progressive loss of mental and movement abilities
- Defects in the mitochondrial genome inherited from mother