1. What is NOT true of Beri Beri?
- Leads to high levels of a-keroglutamate
- Characterised by neurological and pulmonary symptoms
- Leads to high levels of pyruvate
- It is a vitamin B1 deficiency
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. What is NOT true of mitochondrial DNA?
- Produce their own mitochondrial enzymes
- Rate of mutations is higher than in nuclear DNA
- Inherited from the mother
- Can be analysed to track movements of populations
3. What is the theory of the evolution of the nucleus?
- Combination of an early eukaryotic cell and a DNA plasmid
- Invagination of DNA-containing membrane
- Combination of anaerobic pre-eukaryotic cell and an aeorbic prokaryote
- Invagination of pore-filled membrane
4. Which of the following is NOT true of an uncoupling agent?
- Can cause seizures
- Acts as a weak alkali
- Can be used as a slimming agent
- Disrupts proton gradient
5. Which of the following statements about Ubiquinone is true?
- 1 electron - Semi-ubiquinol
- 2 electrons - Ubiquinol
- No electrons - Ubiquinol
- No electrons - Semi-ubiquinone