1. Which of the following is true of Leigh syndrome?
- Causes by too much ATP being produced
- Results in lesions in the hypothalamus and the midbrain
- It is an early onset fatal disorder
- Mutations found in complex II
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. What is the theory of the evolution of the nucleus?
- Combination of anaerobic pre-eukaryotic cell and an aeorbic prokaryote
- Invagination of DNA-containing membrane
- Invagination of pore-filled membrane
- Combination of an early eukaryotic cell and a DNA plasmid
3. Which of the following is NOT true of an uncoupling agent?
- Can cause seizures
- Acts as a weak alkali
- Can be used as a slimming agent
- Disrupts proton gradient
4. Which of the following is NOT true about Cytochromes?
- There are 3 types involved
- Fat soluble - can diffuse through the bilayer
- Type C moves between complex 3 and 4
- Iron heme containing proteins
5. Which of the following statements about Ubiquinone is true?
- No electrons - Semi-ubiquinone
- No electrons - Ubiquinol
- 2 electrons - Ubiquinol
- 1 electron - Semi-ubiquinol