1. Which enzyme is used to convert Succinyl-CoA to Succcinate in the Krebs cycle?
- a-ketoglutarate dehydrogenase
- Succinate thiokinase enzyme
- Succinate isomerase
- Succinate dehydrogenase
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. Which of the following does NOT stimulate the PDH complex?
- High energy state in the cell
- High levels of Ca
- High levels of FAD+
- High levels of Mg
3. Which of the following is true of Leigh syndrome?
- It is an early onset fatal disorder
- Results in lesions in the hypothalamus and the midbrain
- Mutations found in complex II
- Causes by too much ATP being produced
4. What is NOT true of mitochondrial DNA?
- Can be analysed to track movements of populations
- Rate of mutations is higher than in nuclear DNA
- Produce their own mitochondrial enzymes
- Inherited from the mother
5. What is NOT true of Beri Beri?
- Characterised by neurological and pulmonary symptoms
- It is a vitamin B1 deficiency
- Leads to high levels of pyruvate
- Leads to high levels of a-keroglutamate