1. Which of the following is NOT true of Fructose-2,-6-bispohosphate?
- Regulates pyruvate kinase
- it is phosphorylated it slows down glycolysis
- Regulates phosphofructokinase-1
- Its production is catalysed by PFK-2
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. Which of the following is NOT true of an uncoupling agent?
- Can be used as a slimming agent
- Acts as a weak alkali
- Disrupts proton gradient
- Can cause seizures
3. What is Tarui disease?
- Defect in muscle phosphofructokinase
- Build up of glucose in muscle causing pain and weakness
- Deficiency in pyruvate kinase
- Abnnormal lysing of erythrocytes
4. Which of the following is NOT true of ATP synthase?
- It rotates as protons move through
- Subunit ratio of F0 varies from cell to cell
- B subunit in F1 contrins ADP substrate binding sites
- A very large protein complex
5. How long does a molecules of 44,000d take to diffuse through the nuclear pore complex?
- Cannot enter by diffusion
- It is freely diffusible
- 30 minutes
- 2 minutes
Similar Biology resources: