- Created by: harrypj03
- Created on: 30-05-18 09:53
1. Why does light intensity affect the rate of transpiration?
- Light opens the spongy mesophyll, allowing water to escape
- Light opens the stomata, allowing water to escape.
- Bright lights make the plants eyes hurt so it can't see the water escaping
- The light creates heat which evaporates the water
1 of 16
Other questions in this quiz
2. How are veins adapted to carry blood back to the heart?
- Bigger lumen, valves, thick wall
- Bigger lumen, valves, elastic fibres
- Bigger lumen, valves, thin wall
- They have imrpovised, adapteded, and overcomed (?)
3. Which chamber of the heart pumps deoxygenated blood into the lungs?
- Left atrium
- Left ventricle
- Right ventricle
- Right atrium
- Chamber of secrets.
4. During a 12 min run, Harvey took 495 breaths. Calculate his average breathing rates in breaths per minutes.
5. An enzyme-controlled reaction was carried out at pH 4. After 60 secibdsm 33cm^3 of a product had been released. Calculate the rate of reaction in cm^3/s