1. The orbital 3s has a higher energy value then the orbital 3p
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. Which of these is not a factor affecting ionisation energy?
- Number of nuetrons in the nucleus
- Shielding from inner electron shells
- Distance from nucleus
- Nuclear charge
3. In which order should these steps be in to describe how a mass spectrometer works?
- Vaporisation, Ionisation, Acceleration, Deflection, Detection
- Ionisation, Vaporisation, Acceleration, Deflection, Detection
- Vaporisation, Acceleration, Ionisation, Deflection, Detection
- Detection, Vaporisation, Deflection, Acceleration, Ionisation
4. What does a mass spectrometer measure?
- The relative atomic mass and the relative abundance of different isotopes
- The number of neutrons in an atom
- The charge of an ion
5. Orbitals of the same energy will take a single electron each before pairing starts