1. The orbital 3s has a higher energy value then the orbital 3p
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. What is used to remove the electrons of atoms in a mass spectrometer?
- A magnet
- An electical field
- An electron gun
- An electron shield
3. What is the cause for a large increase in ionisation energy of an atom?
- There are more electrons to remove
- The electrons get closer to the nulceus
- The electrons get further from the nucleus
4. An ion is a charged particle
5. Orbitals of the same energy will take a single electron each before pairing starts