1. Which of the factors affecting nervous impulse velocity has the most significant effect?
- Axon diameter
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. The act of  binding to a receptor on  causes a conformational change, releasing the  molecule, allowing  to bind to  in the nucleus and initiate transcription.
- 1: DNA, 2: transcriptional factor, 3: inhibitor, 4: oestrogen
- 1: oestrogen, 2: a transcriptional factor, 3: inhibitor, 4: DNA
- 1: a transcriptional factor, 2: DNA, 3: inhibitor, 4: oestrogen
3. Splicing removes  from , turning it into 
- 1: thymine, 2: mRNA, 3: tRNA
- 1: introns, 2: pre-mRNA, 3: mRNA
- 1: exons, 2: pre-mRNA, 3: mRNA
4. A point mutation occurs. It may be either silent, nonsense or mis-sense. How many of the three will affect the primary structure of the resulting polypeptide?
5. What does it mean to suffer from 'Type I' diabetes mellitus?
- Type I diabetics do not produce sufficient insulin, suspected to be due to an autoimmune response to pancreatic cells and must inject insulin to maintain their BGC.
- Type I diabetics have cells which are unresponsive to insulin (often due to obesity), and so must manage their carbohydrate intake to maintain their BGC
Similar Biology resources: