1. A point mutation occurs. It may be either silent, nonsense or mis-sense. How many of the three will affect the primary structure of the resulting polypeptide?
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. In myelinated neurons, depolarisation can only occur where?
- Nodes of ranvier
- Nodes of his
3. Which of the factors affecting nervous impulse velocity has the most significant effect?
- Axon diameter
4. Describe the role of ATP in the sliding filament theory.
- ATP binds to myosin head, releasing it from actin, then it is hydrolysed to ADP, 'recocking' the head.
- ATP binds to the myosin head, altering the myosin tail's angle, pulling the actin along
- ATP binds to troponin molecules on the actin, releasing the myosin head
5. Consider the following reaction pathway: A -> D -> 4C -> 2B -> X. Which of the following would cause the system to display negative feedback?
- X decomposes into a sixth species, E
- X inhibits one or more of the enzymes involved in the pathway
- X promotes one or more of the enzymes involved in the pathway
Similar Biology resources: