1. What does it mean to suffer from 'Type I' diabetes mellitus?
- Type I diabetics do not produce sufficient insulin, suspected to be due to an autoimmune response to pancreatic cells and must inject insulin to maintain their BGC.
- Type I diabetics have cells which are unresponsive to insulin (often due to obesity), and so must manage their carbohydrate intake to maintain their BGC
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. Which of the following lists mechanisms for thermoregulation utilised by both endo- and ectotherms?
- Behavioural adaptation, colour change
- Behavioural adaptation, colour change, alteration of metabolic rate
- Alteration of metabolic rate, vasoconstriction/-dilation
3. A response whose randomness elevates alongside increasingly unfavourable conditions is a ___?
4. The channels responsible for inducing a generator potential in the pacinian corpuscle are known as what?
- Sodium-potassium pumps
- Stretch-mediated sodium ion channels
- Voltage-gated sodium ion channels
5.  may bind to  and 'guide' it to  to which  has , the  then cuts the , preventing translation.
- 1: siRNA, 2: a hydrolytic enzyme, 3: mRNA, 4: a complementary base sequence
- 1: a hydrolytic enzyme, 2: siRNA, 3: mRNA, 4: a complementary base sequence
- 1: mRNA, 2: a hydrolytic enzyme, 3: siRNA, 4: a complementary base sequence
Similar Biology resources: