1. A deletion or insertion, unless of a multiple of X, will cause Y. What are X and Y?
- X is 3, Y is cancer
- X is 3, Y is frame shift
- X is 2, Y is cancer
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. Consider the following reaction pathway: A -> D -> 4C -> 2B -> X. Which of the following would cause the system to display negative feedback?
- X decomposes into a sixth species, E
- X inhibits one or more of the enzymes involved in the pathway
- X promotes one or more of the enzymes involved in the pathway
3. Following depolaristion, what ions are released from the sarcoplasmic reticulum?
- Calcium ions
- Potassium ions
- Sodium ions
4. The main hormones responsible for the regulation of blood glucose concentration are:
- Insulin, adrenaline and oestrogen
- Insulin, glucagon and adrenaline
- Insulin and glucagon
5. During transcription,  'unzips' the DNA strand and  moves in to create complementary . The DNA strand has only ~ bases separated during this process.
- 1: DNA helicase, 2: RNA polymerase, 3: pre-mRNA, 4: 10
- 1: RNA polymerase, 2: DNA helicase, 3: mRNA, 4: 20
- 1: DNA helicase, 2: RNA polymerase, 3: pre-mRNA, 4: 150
Similar Biology resources: