1. How does Weber contradict Lyon's idea of Disenchantment?
- Religion is changing how it approaches society, this is due to modernity
- He believes that re-enchantment is occurring through unconventional beliefs
- Believes that people are just believing without belonging
1 of 5
Other questions in this quiz
2. Why have meta-narrative like traditional religious beliefs lost their influence?
- Religion used to dominate in institutions, no longer used
- Religion is no longer a part of modern society
- Religion does not influence societies values anymore
3. Who came up with the term Vicarious Religion?
4. Name a criticism about postmodernity?
- New religious marketing is not attracting new members
- New religious marketing is not working on the younger genoration
- Still no major influence from religion
5. In spiritual shopping Danielle Hervieu-Leger came up with what term?
- Cultural Consumerism - Marking a religious view
- Cultural Amnesia - Parents used to choose religion, now people choose for themselves
- Cultural Amnesia - Forgetting your religion due to secularisation