1. Who's study used the term ' Double Disadvantage' to explain why individuals can get anorexia?
- Bulik et al (2005) - Mothers with AN expose their children through genetic vulnerability and inadaqute nutrition
- Bulik et al (2005) - Mothers cause the child AN due to lack of nutrition and nurture
- Gibbon & Mckillip (2007) - Mothers with AN cause the child to be genetically disadvantaged
1 of 11
Other questions in this quiz
2. What was found in Kaye et al (2005) study?
- Overactivity of dopamine in AN patients - effects the pain and pleasure receptor
- Underactivity of dopamine in AN patients - Effects the behaviour of the patient towards food
- Overactivity of Dopamine, but an Underactivity of serotonin
3. Who looked at the association between premature birth and AN?
- Lindburg and Hjern 2003
- Kaye et al (2007)
- McNaughten & Shaver (1998)
4. How does Wiloughby et al (2005) contradict Eagles et al's Study?
- AN patients near the equator, there is no effect from the seasons
- There are an equal number of AN patients born in the Winter to
- Individuals born near the equator are more likely to get AN if they are born in the winter
5. What does Bailer et al's study suggest about the levels of serotonin and AN?
- Disruption of serotonin may lead to anxiety and can cause anorexia
- Disruption of serotonin may lead to low anxiety
- Disruption of Serotonin can also have an effect on dopamine which can cause anorexia