1. What does Bailer et al's study suggest about the levels of serotonin and AN?
- Disruption of serotonin may lead to anxiety and can cause anorexia
- Disruption of serotonin may lead to low anxiety
- Disruption of Serotonin can also have an effect on dopamine which can cause anorexia
1 of 11
Other questions in this quiz
2. What was found in Kaye et al (2005) study?
- Overactivity of dopamine in AN patients - effects the pain and pleasure receptor
- Underactivity of dopamine in AN patients - Effects the behaviour of the patient towards food
- Overactivity of Dopamine, but an Underactivity of serotonin
3. What two subsections come under Neurodevelopment?
- Effects of pregnancy, Birth problems
- Pregnancy and birth complications and season of birth
- Season of birth, viral infection
4. Who looked at the association between premature birth and AN?
- Lindburg and Hjern 2003
- Kaye et al (2007)
- McNaughten & Shaver (1998)
5. Who's study used the term ' Double Disadvantage' to explain why individuals can get anorexia?
- Bulik et al (2005) - Mothers with AN expose their children through genetic vulnerability and inadaqute nutrition
- Bulik et al (2005) - Mothers cause the child AN due to lack of nutrition and nurture
- Gibbon & Mckillip (2007) - Mothers with AN cause the child to be genetically disadvantaged