1. What was found in Kaye et al (2005) study?
- Overactivity of dopamine in AN patients - effects the pain and pleasure receptor
- Underactivity of dopamine in AN patients - Effects the behaviour of the patient towards food
- Overactivity of Dopamine, but an Underactivity of serotonin
1 of 11
Other questions in this quiz
2. What did Kaye et al (2005) look at?
- Levels of Dopamine in AN patients and those recovering
- Comparing dopamine levels in recovering AN patients to those of healthy women
- Levels of Dopamine and serotonin in different AN patients
- Levels of dopamine in AN patients to those with Binge/purge AN
3. What season did Eagles et al (2001) state that most AN patients are born in, and why?
- Winter, as during conception there are high temperatures
- Spring, during conception they are exposed to infection
- Summer, as during conception they are more exposed to infection
4. Who looked at the association between premature birth and AN?
- Lindburg and Hjern 2003
- Kaye et al (2007)
- McNaughten & Shaver (1998)
5. Who's study used the term ' Double Disadvantage' to explain why individuals can get anorexia?
- Gibbon & Mckillip (2007) - Mothers with AN cause the child to be genetically disadvantaged
- Bulik et al (2005) - Mothers with AN expose their children through genetic vulnerability and inadaqute nutrition
- Bulik et al (2005) - Mothers cause the child AN due to lack of nutrition and nurture