1. Who's study used the term ' Double Disadvantage' to explain why individuals can get anorexia?
- Bulik et al (2005) - Mothers with AN expose their children through genetic vulnerability and inadaqute nutrition
- Bulik et al (2005) - Mothers cause the child AN due to lack of nutrition and nurture
- Gibbon & Mckillip (2007) - Mothers with AN cause the child to be genetically disadvantaged
1 of 11
Other questions in this quiz
2. What does Bailer et al's study suggest about the levels of serotonin and AN?
- Disruption of Serotonin can also have an effect on dopamine which can cause anorexia
- Disruption of serotonin may lead to anxiety and can cause anorexia
- Disruption of serotonin may lead to low anxiety
3. What is the name of the Neurotransmitter, that people with AN have fluctuating levels of?
4. Who looked at the association between premature birth and AN?
- Lindburg and Hjern 2003
- Kaye et al (2007)
- McNaughten & Shaver (1998)
5. What season did Eagles et al (2001) state that most AN patients are born in, and why?
- Spring, during conception they are exposed to infection
- Summer, as during conception they are more exposed to infection
- Winter, as during conception there are high temperatures