1. What did Dooley find?
- The guards had negative views of the prisoners and vice versa. Prisoners had to leave early due to extreme depression and crying. The experiment ended after 6 days due to the awareness of ethical issues.
- Characteristics of suicide included: longer sentence, violen/sexual offences committed, history of psychiatric contact and previous self-harm. Motivations of suicide included: 40% to intolerable situations, guilt for the offence and mental disorders.
- 70% of the employed group stayed out of prison, 55% of the unemployed group stayed out of prison
1 of 18
Other questions in this quiz
2. Who researched the effect of planned behaviours?
- Gillis & Nafekh
3. Who researched the effect of ear acupuncture?
4. Who researched the effect of stereotypical features on the death penalty?
- Mair & May
- Sherman & Strang
5. Who researched cognitive skills programmes?