- Created by: milliegrundyxx
- Created on: 10-06-20 15:14
1. In which stave do we see a drastic change in Scrooge's outlook on life?
- Stave 5
- Stave 1
- Stave 3
- Stave 4
1 of 5
Other questions in this quiz
2. What childhood experience led Dickens to have the views on poverty that he does?
- His family was poor and ended up in a debters prison.
- He learnt about it at school.
- His dad was a criminal and ended up in prison.
- He dad was very rich and ran a debters prison.
3. Which of these key quotes is useful for analysing Scrooge's personality?
- "The phantom slowly, gravely, silently approached."
- "He was as tight-fisted as a grind stone."
- "I wear the chain I forged in life."
- "There sat a jolly giant."
4. Which historical event happened around the time of the writing of the book, driving a bigger gap between rich and poor and influenced the writing of the book?
- The Berlin War
- The Industrial Revolution
- World War 2
5. When was Dickens born?