1) The struggle for the control of Poland 1944-1945
In 1939 the world divided into two allies:
- The Allies: The UK, France, Soviet Union, China, and USA in 1941
- The Axis Power: Germany, Italy and Japan
- The end of WW2 saw the UK, USA and Soviet Union emerge as the primary victors.
Why did Stalin want to control Poland?
Germany had invaded the USSR twice in thirty years, and Stalin wanted to make sure it didn't happen again, so he wanted to:
- To keep parts of Poland he had won in the Nazi-Soviet Pact of 1939
- To make Germany weaker by expanding Poland westwards to create a buffer…