- Created by: GreenGooSnake
- Created on: 01-08-19 16:02
1. English has lots of words that mean the same thing as other words. That sounds a bit pointless. But it's actually really handy. Writing is very dull if it uses the same words all the time.
Have a look at these two pieces of writing and you'll see what I mean.
- Different words which mean the same thing are called synonyms.
DULL: I went to a nice Indian restaurant. The waiters were nice to us and the wall were painted in a nice shade of red. I had an onion bhaji to start with and it was really nice. Then I had a nice curry. Later, the waiters brought us mints, which was nice of them.
- It may be 'correctly' written and make sense, but it's dead boring - the word 'nice' is in it again and again.
ACE: I went to…