- The universe is constantly expanding.
- We know this because distant galaxies are moving away from the Earth, and the further away they are the faster they are travelling.
- This means that the universe most likely started from a small, single point - which supports the Big Bang theory.
- Although most astronomers agree that at some point, there was a 'Big Bang' there are other theories, most notably the 'Steady State' theory.
- The 'Steady State' theory believes that the universe has always been, and will always be as it is now.
- However, the discovery of CMBR supports the Big Bang theory…