Biodiversity is important for:
- Economic reasons.
- Ecological reasons.
- Ethical reasons.
- Aesthetic reasons.
- Food and drink - plants and animals are the source of almost all foods and some drinks.
- Clothing - fibres and fabrics e.g. Cotton.
- Drugs - e.g. Morphine from Poppies.
- Fuels - e.g. biogas.
- Disruption of food chains.
- Disruption of nutrient cycles - e.g. worms improve soil if the worm population were to decrease it would become harder to grow things in soil.
- Loss of habitats.
- Habitat destruction - e.g. Carbon Dioxide is stored in trees, when they're cut down, it is released into the…