- Created by: IzzyDaymond
- Created on: 19-05-15 17:41
The Fall of the Jacobin Club
- A committee was set up to draft a petition following the Champs de Mars Massacre of July 1791.
- The petition stated that the King had abdicated (this was incorrect as he had actually attempted to flee and get support from Austria).
- The petition also stated that the King, having abdicated, should not be replaced with another monarch or re-instated unless the Nation agreed.
- The petition was essentially a Republican Manifesto.