- Created by: Sophie Nichols
- Created on: 31-05-13 14:53
The Bloody Chamber
Points to remember for context – A04
· Carter’s collection of short stories was put together in 1979, her stories were originally published individually in a magazine called ‘bananas’. The stories were later put together to create a collection of short stories, entitled ‘The Bloody Chamber’.
· The title of ‘The Bloody Chamber’ can be interpreted as part of the female menstrual cycle; ‘The Bloody Chamber’ can be referred to as the women’s period, something which women have no control over, which reflects within many of the stories.
· In 1979, there were fast advances in birth control. Birth control enabled many women to take control of their bodies and when they wanted to reproduces instead of not having any control…