INNOCENCE AND LOVE (FRAGILITY + MIRANDA)
- no love for the king and the higher powers - ignores the divine right of kings
- - Prospero usurps Caliban - 'this islands mine by sycorax'
- -Prospero's brother usuprs his dukedom 'the ivy which had hid my princely trunk and sucked my verdure out on't'
- -the boatswain is rude to the king - 'what cares these roarers for the name of the king'
- Prospero does have some love for Miranda - demonstrates some paternal nature
- - 'thou wast that did preserve me. thou didst smile, infused with a fortitude from heaven' - she was so innocent and pure as though she was from heaven - demonstrates Prospero does have some sense…
Similar English Literature resources: