- Created by: Natalie
- Created on: 22-02-19 17:20
What is the Kornilov Coup?
- Time where the Provisional Government (PG) was under threat from its own army.
- General Kornilov attempted to gather troops and financial support so he could occupy Petrograd and restore order.
- Kornilov claimed he was acting on Kerensky's instructions.
Who was involved?
- Kornilov - commander-in-chief of the army. Loyal tsarist.
- Provisional Government
- Petrograd Soviets
Where did it take place?
- Kornilov assumed the Petrograd was under the control of the Bolsheviks.
- Most fighting happened in Petrograd.
What happened during it?
- 27th August - Kerensky sent a telegram to Kornilov for his dismissal and an order to return to Petrograd.
- Kornilov returned to…