- Created by: themoderrnage
- Created on: 20-04-21 19:49
Types of Policies
- Direct policies: Policies that promote or reject certain household structures, e.g tax allowances for married couples.
- Indirect policies: Policies that may not have intended to impact on household structures but one implemented had an impact, e.g the Equal Pay Act.
Impacts on Family Structures
- Increased cohabitation and delayed marriage.
- Increased divorce.
- Same-sex families.
- More lone-parent families.
Increased Cohabitation and Delayed Marriage
- Career aspirations of women mean that marriage is delayed as women are focused upon their careers.
- Availability of contraception and legalisation of abortion means couples can delay having children.