The Effects of Tourism
The Negative Effects of the Growth of Tourism:-
Economic- (Jobs, Money, Profits and Business)
- The desire to make money superseeds health and safety regulations.
- Diverts labour away from non-tourist areas.
- Poor building developments.
- Foreign owned tourist complexes mean profits go off-shore.
- Prices going up.
- Conflict between environment and economy.
Social and Cultural- (People, Tradition, Lifestyle, Religion and Culture)
- Increase in prostitution and social pathology included.
- Drugs and crime.
- Undersirable tourism.
- Pseudo - Cultural activities to entertain tourists.
- Westernisation of food and drink.
- Increase in rift between rich and poor.