- Cognitive psychology explains behaviour by looking at our perception, language, attention and memory.
- Humans are treated as information processors and behaviour is explained in terms of information processing.
- The brain is described as a processor - it has data input and output. Some parts of the brain form networks.
- Four main research methods: Laboratory, Field, Natural and Brain Imaging.
Milner et al - Case study of HM
- Diagnosis: HM was a patient with severe and frequent epilepsy. His seizures were based in a brain structure called hippocampus. Doctors surgically removed part of his brain around this area.
- Results: The operation reduced his epilepsy, but led…