- Created by: rchapman99
- Created on: 23-06-17 21:40
System - a process or collection of processes that transfrms inputs ino outputs.
1. Elements - the parts that make up a system.
2. Attributes - characteristics of the elements that may be perceived and measured.
3. Relationships - associations that occur between elements and attributes.
- Abstractions of reality.
- Behaviour, involving inputs, processing and outputs of material, information or energy.
- Have functional as well as structural relationships between each other.
Closed system - transfer of energy into and beyond the system but no transfer of matter.
Open system - both energy and matter transfer freely into and out of the system.
Isolated system - no interactions with anything outside the system boundary; no input or output ofenergy or matter. Only theoretical.
- Energy - waves,wind, tides.
- Matter - sediment, fluvial (river) processes of erosion, glaciation, cliff/coastline erosion, sub-aerial erosion.
- Beaches, dunes, salt marshes, cliff…