PROPOSED BY ALBERT BANDURA ( STATES THAT WE LEARN FROM THE ENVIRONMENT RATHER THAN AN INNER DRIVE slt is learnt through REINFORCEMENT AND THE PROCESS OF MODELLING)
ALBERT BANDURA (1977) - recognised the importance of the cognitive process and combined with OC to come up with the idea learnig occurs mainly through observation and immitation.
PENNINGTON (1986) - Identified THREE VARABLES that affected IMMITATION
- Role model charecteristics: Age, Gender, Social status
- observer Charecteristics: self esteem, self efficacy
- Consequences of behaivour ( positivle/negativley reinforced or punoshed?)
THIS HAPPENS IN FOUR MAIN STAGES...
- observer pays attention to model in order to learn from them
- Likely to be someone they look up to peers family members attractive high socuial status or desirable attribute.
- mental rehersal suggested by Bandura as a good way to remebr complicated behaivours
- retainded so can be immitated atlater point
- This is the cognitive element