Plugs must be wired correctly:
- The right coloured wire is connected to each pin, and firmly screwed in.
- No bare wires are showing inside the plug
- The cable grip is tightly fastened over the cable outer layer
and made of the right stuff..
- The metal parts are made of copper or brass because these are very good conductors
- The case, cable grip and cable insulation are made of rubber or plastic because they're really good insulators, and flexible too
Appliances must be earthed or insulated
- There are three wires in…