- Sigfried Sassoon callled it 'his passport to immortality'
- Owen said: 'All a poet can do today is work'
- 1 verse with freedom of speech - like a dream
- Iambic pentameter
- Calm - death = peace
- 'I escaped' - left the battle - reality of war
- 'profound dull tunnel' - emphesises how the trenches were like hell
- the use of past tense words such as 'scooped' show that its over
- 'as if to bliss; - tentative - is this a dream?
- 'I knew we stood in Hell.' - opposed to what they were told - LINK TO BROOKE!!! - both are dead - now equals - everyone is paying for the war - its…