- Created by: Katen Patel
- Created on: 08-05-11 10:09
What is a pressure group?
A pressure group is an organized group of people that aims to influence th epolicies and aims of the government
Usaully defined by 3 key feautres:
- They seek to exert influence from outside, rather than to win or exercise government power.
- They typically have a narrow issue focus (In some cases, focus on a single issue. For Example, opposing planning and development)
- Their members are united by a single belief in a particular cause or common set of interests.
Sometimes, pressure groups and political parties are confused. For many reasons:
- Many small political parties resemble resemble pressure groups in that they have a narrow…