Extracting vegetable oil
- Vegetable oils can be extracted from seeds, nuts and fruits by pressing or by distillation.
- Vegetable oils provide nutrients and a lot of energy. They are important foods and can be used to make biofuels.
- Unsaturated oils contain carbon-carbon double bonds (C=C) and so they decolourise bromine water.
Cooking with vegetable oils
- Vegetable oils are useful in cooking because of their high boiling points.
- Cooking in oil increases the energy content of foods and changes the flavour, colour and texture of…