- Created by: KayleighWalsh
- Created on: 09-05-15 15:05
-Organic analogy - compares society to the Human body.
- Society meets the needs of every member of the family.
- Murdock - 4 fonctions to meet the needs of society:
- Stable satisfaction of the sex drive
- Reproduction of the next generation
- Socialisation of the young
- Meeting economic needs
-Nuclear family - Extended family
-Geographically mobile workforce - Socially mobile workforce
- 2 functions of the family:
- Primary socialisation - Stabilisations of adult personality
The family are there to meet the needs of capitalism.
-The family enforces hierachy and innequality
1) Inheritance of property (ENGLES)
2) Ideological functions - socialisation - Eli Zaretsky
3) Unit of consumption