Antiparticle were predicted before discovered
When Paul Dirac wrote down an equation obeyed by electrons he found a mirror image.
- It predicted the existence of a particle like an electron but with a opposite charge.
- The positron later turned up in a cosmic ray experiment.
- Positrons have identical mass (and energy) to electrons but they have a positive charge.
Every Particle has an Antiparticle.
- Each particle has a corresponding antiparticle.
Here are some examples of particles and their corresponding antiparticles.
Matter and Antimatter from Energy
- There is an equivalence between energy and mass.
- It all comes from Einstein's theory of relativity.
- Energy can be turned into mass,and vice versa, if you know how.
- you can work it out using E=mc² .
- When energy is…