ENERGY TRANSFER BY HEATING
- Infrared radiation is energy transfer by electromagnetic waves.
- All objects emit infrared radiation.
- The hotter an object is the more infrared radiation it emits in a given time.
Surfaces and radiation
- Dark, matt surfaces emit infrared radiation more quickly than light, shiny surfaces.
- Dark, matt surfaces absorb infrared radiation more quickly than light, shiny surfaces.
- Light, shiny surfaces reflect more infrared radiation than dark, matt surfaces.
States of matter
- Flow, shape, volume and density are the properties used to describe each state of matter.
- The particles in a solid are held next to each other, vibrating in their fixed positions.
- The particles in a liquid move about at random and are in contact with each other.
- The particles in a gas move about randomly and are much farther apart than particles in a solid or liquid.
- Metals are the best conductors.
- Metals such as…
Similar Physics resources: