Loneliness and Isolation
George and Lennie-
- Lennie can't function without George and worries when he thinks that George might leave him. " 'George gonna come back' Lennie reassured himself"
- George has to look after Lennie who holds him back and is quite child like so George doesn't really have someone to properly talk to. "God a'lmighty f I was alone I could live so easy"
- George makes sure that Lennie dies happy. "le's get that place now"
- They aren't alone as they have each other but they sometimes feel as if they have nobody.
- All the men treat her badly. "she's a tart"
- She feels alone even though she's married. "I never get to talk to nobody. I get awful lonely"
- She's the only female on the ranch.
- She is the only character without a name
- She talks about her dream because her real life is…