- The man is coming towards her on her life path, but he is intially unaware of her, and is separate.
- He is unself-conscious and there is a wildness about the man/bird.
- "angleworm" - he has perhaps broken another woman's heart?
- the word "raw" is emphasised by the comma, it makes it stand out more.
- "hopped sudeways to the wall/to let a beetle pass" - he has manners, is civilised, he can be well mannered and polite.
- different side of him from the first stanza
- her attraction to him does not seem to be reciprocated
- he has noticed her - "he…