- Created by: jemimaclaire
- Created on: 21-05-17 12:19
Plot - Act by Act:
- The prince of Aragon, Don Pedro, returns to Messina with Claudio and Benedick, to be welcomed by Leonato.
- Leonato’s niece Beatrice and Benedick continue their war of words. “merry war betwixt”
- Claudio declares his love for Leonato’s daughter Hero and is mocked by Benedick (a professed bachelor)
- The prince offers to ‘woo’ Hero on behalf of Claudio
- The prince’s brother, Don John, declares himself a malcontent (villain) and seeks to spite his brother by spoiling Claudio’s intended marriage with Hero.
- Leonato talks about marriage with Hero and Beatrice. He dears that Beatrice is too outspoken.
- At a masked ball Don Pedro ‘woos’ Hero and Beatrice insults Benedick pretending not to recognise him.
- Don John tells the disguised Claudio that Don Pedro is ‘wooing’ Hero for himself.
- Benedick offers mock sympathy to Claudio, but avoided Beatrice.
- Claudio is depressed until eventually the Prince admits that he has won Hero’s hand on behalf of Claudio. Claudio is overjoyed but lost for words.
- The prince suggests trying to bring Beatrice and Benedick together.
- Don John’s servant, Borachio, suggests a plot to deceive Claudio into believing that Hero is unfaithful.
- Benedick affirms his attention to being single, but changes his mind when…