Moving and storing heat:
- Heat is a measure of energy, when a substance is heated the particles vibrate gaining kinetic energy. this energy makes the paricles move faster. In a solid the vibrations of particles eventually causes solids to melt and liquids to boil.
- Energy is measured on a absolute scale meaning that it cannot go lower than 0, heat energy is measured in JOULES (J)
- Temperature is a measure of hotness, temperature is a measure of the average kinetic energy of the particles in a substance.
- the hotter something is the higher the amount of kinetic energy
- temerature is measured in c degrees celcius or *F for farenheitt, these are not absolute scales as they can below 0
- energy tends to flow from hot objects to…