- Euthanasia is the assisted ending of someone's life who is suffering. It is not suicide.
- It is illegal in the Uk, but is legal in other places, such as the Netherlands.
- There are 2 main types of euthanasia:
- Voluntary = the person concerned asks someone to help them die, perhaps by asking for help to take an overdose of painkillers
- Involuntary = euthanasia is carried out without the patient’s consent, for example, if they are in a persistent vegetative state and no longer able to live without a lifesupport machine, which is then switched off
- Christians are usually against euthanasia, but there are exceptions.
- They may believe that:
- life is God-given
- birth and death are part of the life processes that God has created, therefore we should respect them
- God has chosen a path for all of us, and He has decided when we must die, so we should follow his plan
- no human has the authority to take another human's life
- human life is sacred because…