- A dead parachutist lands on the island
- As Sam and Eric tend the fire, they mistake the parachutist for the beast.
- At a meeting, Jack announces that the beast should be hunted down and he redicules the importance of the conch.
- The bigger boys, without Piggy, set off to find the beast.
- Ralph bravely goes first to the unexplored part of a rocky outcrop. He is soon joined by Jack.
- The boys discover that the end of the island would be a good place for a fort.
- Ralph stresses the boys' practical needs and the others reluctanlty go on with…
Similar English Literature resources: