- Created by: laurenkatiexox
- Created on: 17-05-15 19:21
Lennie is short for Lenord which deprevied from old german name Lewenhart meaning strong as a lion. His name Small is ironic in refernce to his size.
- Mentaly handicapped
- Simple innocent outlook on life.
- Contrast to his physicallity, he is strong with childlike emotions
- Suggests steinbeck thinks its not possible for a simple minded person
- innocnece of dream is underminded by his disability
- Simplicity is enderaing as it is at odds with relaity,
- Animalistic terms emphasises simple insticntual nature
- Actions foreshadow and narative describes
- Central to tragedy
- Doomed from the start- girl in weed and crushed mouse.
'make 'um stop George' the parental relationship is displayed by this as Lennie looks to George for help , almost like a child wanting their mother.
'smiled helplessly in an attempt to make friends' Lennie…