- Created by: Ashna Patel
- Created on: 29-11-11 18:25
In 570 CE.
Night of power
- On cave Hira on mount Nur
- Angel Jibril suddenly appeared with words
- Muhammed was commanded to read
- Muhammed said he couldn't do it and Jibril started to choke him
- Then Muhammed started to recite the words as if they were written on his heart
- Angel Jibril told him he was the messenger of Allah
- Means recitation
- Written in Arabic
- Its the word of Allah
- 114 chapters called Surahs
- arranged and collected by Muhammed's companions
- Tells them how they should there lives and how to prepare for the day of judgement.
- Contains stories of the past prophets.
- The example of Prophet Muhammed
- The actions,sayings and beliefs of Muhammed
- Sayings of Muhammed
- To prove it's genunine it must have the name of every human links between the writer and the prophet.
- Advice and stories of Muhammed
- Means bow to Allah
- The 2 towers on the top…