Explain that homeostasis involves monitoring levels of variables and correcting changes in levels by negative feedback mechanisms.
Negative Feedback is when the system responds in an opposite direction to the perturbation.
- Sensorsmeasure the current situation
- Sensors pass on info to a centre which knows the norm
- Centre compares the current situation to that norm
- If they are not the same, centre activates mechanism.
- This mechanisms brings current value coser to norm.
- When this happens the centre will turn off the mechanism.
Key to negative feeback: THE ACTION TAKEN AIMS AT CHANGING A SITUATION SO THE SAME SAID ACTION IS NOT REQUIRED ANYMORE.
Explain the control of body temperature, including the transfer of heat in blood, and the roles of the hypothalamus, sweating glands, skin arterioles and shivering.
We have thermoreceptors in the skin and in the heat centre inthe hypothalamus of the brain.
It monitors the temperature changes in the environment…