Rise to Power
· Long term bitterness - Hitler appealed to the minds of the German people. He used the long term bitterness created by the Treaty of Versailles to stir up support for the Nazis.
· Ineffective constitution - The ineffective constitution of the Weimar Republic meant that many Germans felt that a return to an autocratic system would be more efficient. Nobody could stand up to Hitler.
· Money - Hitler’s charisma granted him the support and funding of many wealthy businessmen.
· Propaganda - Strong and constant Nazi propaganda blamed Germany’s problems on groups such as the Jews, Communists and the ‘November Criminals’. Hitler was portrayed as the only solution.
· Attacks on other parties - The Nazi Stormtroopers (SA) attacked other political parties and installed fear into Hitler’s opponents.
· Personal qualities - Hitler was a great orator who had strong self-belief and self-motivation. The German people were convinced and inspired to trust him.
· Economic Depression - The…