why was Hippocrates important?
Four Humours = Unbalanced = illness
The hipporcratic Oath.
- To give people confidence in doctors.
- Keep high standards of treatment and behaviour.
- Doctors should help the sick to their knowledge and judgment, not give poison to anyone.
The Hippocratic Collection Book.
- Important because it is the first detailed list of symptoms and treaments.
- Doctos were to use and read this for knowledge and help.
Observiing and Recording
- Hippocrates - very important to observe and record carefully. - symptoms and development of diseases.
- Doctors were able to choose the right cure.
- Help with diagnosis and treament to future patients.
Diagnosis and four humans.
Similar Ancient History resources: