- All objects emit thermal rediation.
- the hotter an object is, the more thermal rediation it gives off
- thermal imaging cameras can be used to film in the dark. they detect the thermal radiation to create an image
- thermal radiation is part of the electromagnetic spectrum, meaning it's a wave and can travel through a vacuum.
- the Sun is the Earths source of thermal radiation.
- It also emits some harmful radiaton.
- our atmosphere stops a lot of this harmful radiation
- the atmosphere also helps keep us warm at night.
- When the sun sets, heat is emited by the Earth. Some of this is reflected back down by the atmosphere, this is called the greenhouse effect.
- this is natural and…